Eli's Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Eli Zabar, owner of The Vinegar Factory in New York City, believes that with only a few fresh ingredients, you can achieve a full-flavored sandwich. This is one of Eli's favorite recipes.
- Servings: 2
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 whole chicken breast, poached, boned, and skinned
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 loaf whole-grain bread, unsliced, ends removed
Cut poached chicken breast into 1-inch chunks. Place in a medium bowl, and add lemon juice. Toss to combine.
Add mayonnaise, tarragon, and salt and pepper to chicken mixture. Stir to combine.
Cut bread lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices.
Place a scoop of chicken mixture between two pieces of bread. Press firmly on sandwich to flatten. Slice sandwich in half or in quarters. Serve.