No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
Three cheeses in the filling make this easy cheesecake ultrarich and super creamy.
FOR THE CRUST
- Vegetable oil cooking spray, for pan
- 1 1/3 cups vanilla wafer or shortbread cookies, finely ground (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese (1/2 cup), room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 cup), room temperature
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (1/4 cup), room temperature
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, pod reserved for another use (or 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 pound sweet cherries, halved and pitted (3 cups)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Make the crust: Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; line bottom with a round of parchment. Stir together cookies, butter, sugar, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt; press evenly into bottom of pan. Refrigerate while making filling.
Make the filling: Beat sour cream, 1/3 cup sugar, the cheeses, vanilla seeds or extract, and lemon zest with a mixer on medium speed until very smooth, about 4 minutes. Pass mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Whisk heavy cream and remaining 1/3 cup sugar until medium peaks form; fold into filling mixture, and spread evenly onto crust. Smooth top, and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Refrigerate for 45 minutes before serving.
Make the topping: Bring half the cherries, and the sugar, vinegar, and cinnamon stick to a simmer in a small saucepan. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover, and simmer until cherries are soft, about 3 minutes. Whisk together cornstarch and water; add to cherry mixture. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining cherries. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Run a knife around edge of cake; release sides to remove from pan, and transfer cake to a serving platter. Remove cinnamon stick from topping; spoon over cake.