Slab Pie Pate Brisee
Makes two batches for our Peach-Raspberry Slab Pie.
- Yield: Makes one 12-by-16-inch rectangle
Photography: VICTORIA PEARSON
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2005
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
Process flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined. Add butter. Process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream just until dough comes together. (Do not process more than 30 seconds.)
Turn dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Flatten dough, and shape into a rectangle. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (or overnight).