- Yield: Makes about 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves
- 4 pounds ground sirloin beef
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups freshly grated Locatelli cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the milk, breadcrumbs, and 1/2 cup water; set aside until softened.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the onion and garlic. Process until very finely chopped; transfer to a large bowl along with the beef, eggs, breadcrumb mixture, parsley, and cheese. Using your hands, mix until well combined.
Measure the meat mixture into 1/4-cup-sized balls. Transfer to a roasting pan, and bake for 15 minutes, turn, and bake for 15 more minutes. Remove, drain, and set aside.