Use our clip art to whip up these clever homemade postcards. Then drop a bit of summertime into the mail for your friends.
If you have an ink-jet color printer, you can pull off this project. It's especially fun to do with kids (just be sure you handle the knife yourself).
- Bottle in the Sand Postcard Clip Art
- Crab Postcard Clip Art
- Fish Postcard Clip Art
- Beach Balls Postcard Clip Art
- Blossom Postcard Clip Art
- Ice Pops Postcard Clip Art
- Red Mailing Label Clip Art
- Green Mailing Label Clip Art
- Blue Mailing Label Clip Art
- Card stock
- Bone folder
- Glue stick
- Craft knife
- Embellishments, such as shells, sand, net onion bag, and glitter (optional)
Print postcard design (Bottle in the Sand, Crab, Beach Balls, Blossom, Ice Pops) on card stock. Use bone folder to score along dotted line; fold. Apply glue to 1 half; press halves together. Rub to remove air pockets. Let dry.
Cut out image. For the sea-themed cards, snip along edges of images with small, sharp scissors. For the classic rectangular ones, align a ruler with each side, and cut with craft knife.
Add details: glue a shell or a sprinkle of sand to the bottle, or a scrap of an onion bag to the crab for a net. Glue glitter to the fish or any card that needs some sparkle.