Penne Frittata with Basil and Ricotta
Pasta, creamy ricotta, and eggs are baked together to create a dish that's great any time of the day at any temperature.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked and drained penne rigate pasta (from 7 ounces dry)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Garnish: fresh basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together eggs, milk, ricotta, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked pasta and chopped basil.
Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat bottom and sides of skillet. Pour in egg mixture, and cook until edges are just beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake until eggs are completely set, 10 to 12 minutes. Invert onto a plate, and re-invert onto a serving dish. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Garnish with basil.