Hershey's Chocolate Cupcakes
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 6 tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
Place rack in center of oven and heat to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with 12 paper liners; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine cocoa, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add butter, milk, egg, and vanilla. Using a hand-held electric mixer on medium speed, beat for two minutes. Add boiling water and beat to combine (batter will be thin). Divide batter evenly between cupcake liners.
Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.