Chicken Paillards with Prosciutto and Figs
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 1996
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 8 sprigs
- 1 tablespoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves, pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1 lemon, sliced into 1/8-inch rounds
- 16 fresh figs, preferably Black Mission
- 1 one-pound loaf country bread, cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 8 to 10 slices prosciutto di Parma
- Balsamic Fig Sauce
Combine wine, chopped rosemary, pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oil. Pour into a large, shallow nonreactive dish.
Add chicken breasts, lemon slices, and 3 rosemary sprigs to dish with marinade. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or up to overnight, turning chicken occasionally.
Brush grill with oil. Preheat grill to medium hot. Just before cooking chicken, oil grill again. Grill chicken until juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes per side; set aside.
Grill whole figs on coolest part of grill until soft and warm, 3 to 6 minutes. Grill bread until browned on both sides.
Wrap prosciutto loosely around each chicken breast. Arrange on a platter. Garnish with rosemary and serve with Balsamic Fig Sauce, figs, and bread.