Warm Bread with Garlic-Herb Butter
Pass the warmed loaf around the table and let guests tear off their own pieces. Leftover garlic-herb butter tastes delicious on top of grilled steak, chicken, or fish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon, freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 loaf crusty bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a mortar and pestle, crush together garlic and salt to form a paste. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add parsley, chives, lemon juice, and butter; stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Place bread on a baking sheet. Warm bread in oven until crust is crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve with the butter.