Herbed Goat Cheese
In this summery spread, tangy goat cheese stands up to powerful flavors like fresh oregano, red pepper flakes, and fruity extra virgin oil.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Everyday Food, June 2011
- 1 log (8 ounces) fresh goat cheese, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Crostini or crackers, for serving
Arrange cheese on a small plate. Sprinkle with oregano, red-pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Serve immediately with crostini or crackers.