Under 30 Minutes
Skirt Steak with Warm Bean Salad
Steak teams up with a colorful side for a one-pan dinner that will be ready in 20 minutes flat.
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces and patted dry
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- Handful fresh basil leaves, torn
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high. Season steak with salt and pepper. Cook steak (in batches if necessary) until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest.
Rinse out skillet and return to heat, along with 2 teaspoons oil. Add green beans and cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to burst, 3 minutes. Add cannellini beans and vinegar and cook, stirring, until beans are heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with basil.
Thinly slice steak against the grain and divide among four plates. Serve with bean salad.