Warm Potato and Watercress Salad
Warm potatoes and cool greens are a perfect combination for a late-summer meal.
- 12 small red potatoes (about 1 pound 6 ounces), scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 bunch watercress (about 6 ounces), tough stems removed
- Zest of half a lemon
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange potatoes in a roasting pan and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; roll potatoes to coat. Roast until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand just until cool enough to handle.
Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
Break each warm potato in half and place in a serving bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add watercress and lemon zest, toss, and serve immediately.