- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 1997
- 6 large red radishes, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 Kirby cucumber, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small Vidalia onion, peeled and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 teaspoon dried green peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
In a medium bowl, combine the radishes, cucumber, onion, and peppercorns. Place the ginger in a small piece of cheesecloth, and squeeze the juice into the vegetables; discard the flesh.
Combine vinegar, salt, and sugar in a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar and salt have dissolved and liquid just comes to a boil, about 3 minutes. Pour dressing over vegetables, and toss well. Lift vegetables from the liquid, and transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.