Ice Cream and Mixed-Berry Pops
This iconic, lip-staining treat matures into a creamy dessert-on-a-stick. Simply blend your favorite berries into vanilla ice cream.
- Yield: Makes 16
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2008
- 12 ounces (3 cups) blackberries
- 10 ounces strawberries, hulled (3 cups)
- 8 ounces (2 cups) blueberries
- 8 ounces (2 cups) raspberries
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
Puree berries and 1 cup ice cream in blender until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing on berry mixture to extract liquid. Discard solids. Transfer berry mixture to a clean blender with remaining 3 cups ice cream, and puree until smooth.
Divide mixture among sixteen 2 1/2-ounce ice-pop molds, and freeze until hardened, at least 4 hours.