Under 30 Minutes
Green Bean, Tomato, and Chickpea Salad
This may become your go-to vegetarian main course for the rest of the summer.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 wide strips lemon zest, cut into thin matchsticks, plus 3 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved, or 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 small red onion, diced small
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 ounces feta, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil. Stir in tomatoes, onion, chickpeas, and lemon zest. Add feta and parsley and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange green beans on a serving platter and top with tomato mixture.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2011