Carrot Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Place potatoes and carrots in a small stockpot with enough cold water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and return to pot; place over low heat to dry out, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove pot from heat. Pour half-and-half over vegetables, and add butter; roughly mash with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.