This lively combination of flavors, colors, and textures is just as fun to make as it is to eat.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Everyday Food, June 2011
- 1/2 pound small new potatoes
- 2 small ears corn, cut into 1 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 pound andouille, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons hot-pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- Lemon wedges, for serving
In a medium pot, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water over medium-high. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Alternately thread potatoes, corn, andouille, and shrimp onto four 8-inch skewers.
Heat a grill to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. In a small bowl, combine butter, hot-pepper sauce, and Old Bay Seasoning. Grill kebabs, turning and brushing with butter mixture occasionally, until shrimp are opaque throughout and corn is tender and beginning to char, about 8 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.