John Barricelli makes an old family favorite, ricotta cheesecake.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves 10
Source: Everyday Food - 1-4
- Unsalted butter, softened for pan
- Plain dried breadcrumbs, for pan
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 3 1/3 cups ricotta cheese, preferably whole-milk (2 containers, 15 ounces each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan, and dust with breadcrumbs, tapping out excess. In a small bowl, stir together raisins, flour, and zests; set aside.
With an electric mixer, beat ricotta, sugar, and salt until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture, and beat just until smooth (don't overmix).
Pour mixture into prepared pan; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cake is browned and jiggles only slightly when shaken, 60 to 70 minutes. Cool completely in pan; unmold to serve. Serve chilled or at room temperature.