Pasta with Mushrooms
Allie prepares a delicious meal of pasta with mushrooms.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves 4
Source: Everyday Food - 1-4
- 1 pound linguine or other long pasta
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds assorted fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup cooking water; drain pasta, and return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet (it will be full); cook, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms have softened and released their liquid, 7 to 10 minutes. Uncover skillet, and reduce heat to medium; cook, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add mushroom mixture and Parmesan cheese to pasta; toss to combine. Add as much reserved pasta water as necessary to create a light sauce. Serve immediately, topped with more Parmesan cheese.