Pasta with Chanterelle Mushrooms
- 1 pound castellane, or medium shell pasta
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pint chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned, halved if large
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt, and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain.
In a large saucepan over high heat, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute. Add chanterelles and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in parsley. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Add pasta, and toss to combine. Serve with grated Parmesan.