This is a decadent treat all chocolate-lovers will enjoy.
- Yield: Makes about 100
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2007
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
Place butter and bittersweet and unsweetened chocolates in a heatproof bowl. Set bowl over a pan of simmering water, and stir until smooth.
With a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and chocolate-butter mixture. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Let dough stand for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop teaspoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake until just set (interior will be fudgy), about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.