Grilled Radicchio, Summer Squashes, and Scallions
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2009
- 2 heads radicchio, core intact, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 6 pattypan squashes, halved if large
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 bunch purple or green scallions, halved lengthwise if large
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
Preheat grill to medium-high. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush generously with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Grill vegetables until just tender and slightly charred: about 3 minutes for the scallions, 4 to 5 minutes per side for the squashes, and 10 minutes total for the radicchio, flipping every 2 minutes. Squeeze lemon halves over vegetables.