Vegan Vanilla Frosting
Use this vanilla frosting to make delicious -- and allergen-free -- Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches, both recipes courtesy of Erin McKenna of BabyCakes NYC.
- Yield: Makes enough for 12 sandwich cookies
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2009
- 3/4 cup rice milk or unsweetened soy milk
- 3/4 cup dry rice milk powder or dry soy milk powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
In the jar of a blender or bowl of a food processor, combine soy milk, soy powder, coconut flour, agave nectar, and vanilla. Blend ingredients for 2 minutes.
With machine running, slowly add oil and lemon juice, alternating between the two until both are fully incorporated.
Transfer mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before using, and up to 1 month.