Under 30 Minutes
Butterhead Lettuce and Spring Vegetable Salad
This fresh salad contrasts the subtle flavor of butterhead lettuce with the piquant taste of radish and the sweet flavor of carrots. The season's first sprouts add an earthy dimension to this simple dish. Per serving: 117 calories; 2 g protein; 10 g fat; 5 g carb; 2 g fiber
- 5 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 heads butterhead lettuce, washed and dried
- 6 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces alfalfa sprouts
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and add to bowl along with radishes and carrots. Toss; season with salt and pepper.
Divide salad equally among four plates and top each with sprouts. Serve immediately.
SourceBody+Soul, April/May 2006