Braised Pork Chops
This recipe for Braised Pork Chops is from "Southern Country Cooking from the Loveless Cafe," by Jane and Michael Stern. Try serving this with hush puppies and sour slaw.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Six 6-ounce boneless center-cut pork chops, trimmed of any fat
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together mustard, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt with 1/3 cup water. Pour over pork chops. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender, about 1 hour.
Transfer pork to a serving platter. Raise heat to medium-high and cook sauce until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over pork chops; garnish with parsley and serve immediately.