Baked Stuffed Red Peppers with Cherry Tomatoes, Feta, and Thyme
Filled with tangy feta and a handful of sweet tiny tomatoes, red bell peppers take on a Mediterranean twist.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2005
- 2 small red bell peppers (5 to 6 ounces each), halved lengthwise through stem, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 heaping cup cherry tomatoes (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 ounces feta cheese (preferably goat's milk), crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, coarsely chopped
- 8 basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in top third. Place bell pepper halves, cut sides up, in a baking dish. Toss together tomatoes, feta, thyme, and basil in a medium bowl; season with black pepper. Fill each pepper with tomato and feta mixture, dividing evenly. Drizzle each with oil.
Bake stuffed peppers, covered with aluminum foil, until they begin to soften, about 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue to bake until tomatoes begin to burst and cheese turns light brown, 13 to 15 minutes more. Remove stuffed peppers from oven, and serve warm.