Use this spicy mayo as an accompaniment to our Tuna Burger. Wasabi, a root similar to horseradish, is sold in powdered form in most supermarkets.
- Yield: Makes 3/4 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 1995
- 3 tablespoons powdered wasabi
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Combine wasabi, lemon and lime juices, and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, break egg into food processor before turning it on. Slowly add oil, a few drops at a time at first, then in a thin steady stream until mixture is thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wasabi mixture, soy sauce, and coriander, and pulse to combine, about 5 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.