Fun Floral Straws
Plain or fancy, these straws decorated with baking-cup flowers make your summer drinks irresistible.
Tools and Materials
- Assorted baking pastel baking cups and mini pastel baking cups, wilton.com
- Grease-proof baking cups, vikingimporting.com
- Hand-drawn circle template
- Screw punch
- Bendable straws, ikea.com
- Green glassine sheets, nycentralart.com.
- Double-sided tape
1. Fold 1 baking cup in half, then again, and then a third time. Use circle template and a pencil to mark an arc along the curved end; cut along the line. Unfold; punch a hole in the center. Punch a hole in the center of 1 candy cup.
2. Thread baking cup over 1 straw, then add candy cup.
3. Fold glassine in half. Cut out a leaf shape along folded edge. Secure to straw with tape.
To make the red and orange flowers, flatten baking cups so they're circles. Pinch the centers, and gather the borders. Tape to straw.