Ham and Leek Frittata
This recipe was also featured on an episode of "Mad Hungry" with Lucinda Scala Quinn.
- 8 ounces small red potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced crosswise, rinsed well
- 8 ounces baked ham, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Set aside.
Preheat broiler. Whisk eggs, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the hot sauce in a large bowl; set aside.
Heat butter and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat until butter has melted. Add leeks; cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add ham; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Add egg mixture, and gently stir with a heatproof rubber spatula. Cook, using spatula to pull eggs away from sides, allowing uncooked egg to run underneath, until almost set, about 8 minutes.
Arrange potatoes over top of frittata. Broil frittata until set and lightly golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve, cut in wedges, warm or at room temperature.