Marinated Cauliflower Salad
A quick partial cooking of cauliflower brings out its sweetness but preserves its crunch. Marinating the salad in the refrigerator unites the flavors.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons brine-packed capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Working in batches, blanch cauliflower until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain; transfer to a bowl.
Whisk together vinegar, onion, and mustard in a small bowl. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over warm cauliflower, and add capers and parsley. Stir to combine.
Cover, and refrigerate overnight or up to 1 day. Serve chilled or at room temperature.