Courtney's Spicy Beef
This recipe courtesy of Courtney Thorne-Smith.
- Servings: 6
- 2 large white onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (a spicy chili sauce)
In a large skillet, saute onions in olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper; cook until fragrant. Add ground beef; cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until well browned. Drain excess fat, reserving a tablespoon in pan to keep meat moist. Stir in sambal oelek. Serve warm or at room temperature.