Roasted Potato Wedges and Chili
Smother fries with chili for a kid-approved meal. In our version, the potatoes are baked, and the chili is vegetarian.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Kids, Winter
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place potato wedges into a large bowl, and gently toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Place potatoes flesh side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, turning halfway through, until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
Combine tomatoes, beans, and taco seasoning in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and continue cooking until mixture has thickened, about 15 minutes.
Transfer roasted potato wedges to a platter, and spoon chili mixture over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Serve immediately.