Bacon and Egg Pasta
This recipe is also delicious served the next day fried until golden in a bit of olive oil.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2002
- 3 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, or water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound linguine (or any other variety pasta)
- Crushed hot red-pepper flakes, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta, and cook until pasta is al dente, following manufacturer's instructions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet. Add garlic, and cook until it begins to sizzle. Remove garlic from the oil, and discard. Add bacon, and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain off most of the fat. Add wine or water, and cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
In large pasta bowl, combine eggs, cheese, parsley, and black pepper.
Drain cooked pasta, and immediately add to egg mixture. Toss until well coated. Add bacon, and toss to combine. Serve immediately, sprinkled with red-pepper flakes and additional Parmesan.