Pate Brisee for Sour-Cherry Pie
Use this recipe to make an old-fashioned lattice crust for our Sour-Cherry Pie.
- Yield: Makes enough for two 9-inch single-crust pies or one double-crust or lattice-crust pie
Photography: Kenji Toma
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2007
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 1/4 sticks (18 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 to 6 tablespoons ice water, plus more if needed
Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor to combine. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube until dough just holds together (no longer than 30 seconds).
Divide dough in half, and shape into disks. Wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).