- Servings: 10
Photography: STEPHEN LEWIS
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound ground beef chuck
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
In a food processor, pulse 1/3 cup almonds with sugar until finely ground. Coarsely chop remaining almonds.
In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs and milk. Add almonds and remaining ingredients, except oil. Mix until combined. Form into 1-inch balls.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat. Add half the meatballs, and saute until they are cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer meatballs to a platter. Repeat with the remaining oil and meatballs. Garnish with Parmesan, and serve immediately.