Chicken Koftas with Cucumbers and Yogurt
Koftas, Middle Eastern meatballs, are typically made with lamb; our chicken version is lower in fat.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Everyday Food, June 2011
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 white onion, diced small
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cucumber, diced large (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 pitas
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, for serving
In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix until well combined. Form mixture into 8 oval patties.
In a medium bowl, toss together cucumber and yogurt; season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook patties until browned on all sides and cooked through, 12 minutes. Divide patties and tomatoes among pitas. Top with cucumber-yogurt sauce and mint. Fold to enclose and serve.