Under 30 Minutes
Feta-Stuffed BLT Burgers
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- 4 leaves Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced crosswise
In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high until fat is rendered and bacon is browned, about 5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Form beef into 8 thin 5-inch patties. Top 4 patties with 1/4 cup cheese each, leaving a 1/4-inch border, then top with remaining patties. Pinch edges to seal; season burgers with salt and pepper.
Pour off fat from skillet, wipe clean, and heat over medium. Add 2 burgers and cook until dark brown and firm to the touch, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat with remaining burgers. Serve burgers on buns with bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2011