Cucumber and Celery Salad with Tuna
This crisp salad gets its summery flavor from a slightly sweet vinaigrette speckled with poppy seeds. It's delicious on its own or stuffed into a pita. Health bonus: Cucumbers and celery add crunch without calories, while tuna contributes protein.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Everyday Food, June 2011
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch half-moons (6 cups)
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, inner leaves reserved
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium bowl, stir together poppy seeds, vinegar, sugar, and oil. Add cucumbers, celery, and tuna; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Sprinkle with celery leaves and serve immediately.