Cucumber and Celery Salad with Tuna
Pack this crisp salad full of summery flavor in to a pita pocket for a quick and easy lunch that will cool you down when it's far too hot to turn on your stove.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Everyday Food, June 2011
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch half-moons (6 cups)
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, inner leaves reserved
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium bowl, stir together poppy seeds, vinegar, sugar, and oil. Add cucumbers, celery, and tuna; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Sprinkle with celery leaves and serve immediately.