Cucumber and Mango Salad with Chili-Spiced Pork
You can substitute boneless chicken breasts or turkey breast cutlets for the pork.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick; about 1 pound total)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium. Pat pork dry and season with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon chili powder. Cook until pork is browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes, flipping once. Transfer to a cutting board and loosely tent with foil. Let pork rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, honey, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add mango, cucumber, and lettuce and toss to combine. Divide salad among four shallow bowls and serve with pork.