Flank Steak Kebabs with Peanut Sauce
With Asian-inspired flavors of coconut milk and peanuts, these lively combinations of tastes, colors, and textures is just as fun to make as it is to eat.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Everyday Food, June 2011
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 1 pound flank steak, cut against the grain into 1/2-inch slices (halved crosswise if long)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch half-moons
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lime, quartered
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Heat a grill to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Place a small flameproof pot on grill; add peanut butter, coconut milk, chili sauce, and fish sauce and whisk until smooth and heated through. Transfer sauce to a serving bowl and top with peanuts.
Alternately thread steak, zucchini, bell pepper, and lime onto four 8-inch skewers, beginning and ending with steak. Season with salt and pepper and grill, turning occasionally, until steak is browned and cooked medium and peppers are crisp-tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Serve with peanut sauce.