Broiled Tofu and Snow Peas
A drizzle of a sauce featuring ginger, soy sauce, and honey adds a vibrant flavor to broiled tofu.
- Servings: 1
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Everyday Food, June 2011
- 5 ounces firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 ounces snow peas, trimmed (2/3 cup)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked white or brown rice, for serving
Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Cut tofu crosswise into thirds. In a small bowl, stir together ginger, soy sauce, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon oil. In another small bowl, toss together snow peas, scallion, pinch of red-pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange tofu in a single layer; drizzle with half the sauce. Broil tofu 2 minutes, then add vegetables and broil 1 minute more. Serve tofu and vegetables on rice and drizzle with remaining sauce.