Cobb Salad Sandwich
Tangy blue cheese, bacon, and crispy lettuce combine with shredded chicken breast in this hearty sandwich, which can be made using reserved extra ingredients from our Cobb Salad.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, June 2011
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 slices crusty white bread
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken, reserved from Cobb Salad
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, finely chopped, reserved from Cobb Salad
In a small bowl, whisk together blue cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and buttermilk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly toast bread. Divide avocado among 4 slices, along with bacon, tomato, and chicken. Top with eggs, and drizzle with blue cheese dressing. Sandwich with remaining slices.