Make this classic salad even easier: Use half of a store-bought rotisserie chicken instead of roasting chicken breasts at home.
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (about 10 ounces total)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce (from 1 large head)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced medium
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle chicken with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until cooked through, about 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let sit until cool enough to handle. Remove skin and discard. With your hands or two forks, shred chicken. Reserve half (1 cup) for tomorrow's lunch.
Quarter 2 eggs and reserve 2 eggs for tomorrow's lunch. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper, toss to combine, and top with eggs, bacon, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, and remaining chicken.