Zesty Crab Cakes
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Frances Janisch
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2006
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 3 hot pickled peppers, such as Peppadew, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cornmeal. Whisk next 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently mix in crab, peppers, and breadcrumbs.
For each crab cake, shape 1/3 cup crab mixture into a patty; place on prepared sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cornmeal. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook crab cakes in batches, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with lemon.