Under 30 Minutes
Build-Your-Own Crab Salad Sandwiches
Mix lump crabmeat with a silky homemade mayonnaise for the perfect summer salad, and then set it out with makings for sandwiches.
- 3 cups jumbo lump crabmeat (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup Martha's Lemony Mayonnaise or best-quality store-bought mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chervil, plus sprigs for garnish
- Fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Sliced tomatoes
- Mixed lettuces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Basil sprigs
- Lightly toasted country bread
Stir together crab, mayonnaise, and chopped chervil. Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Top with chervil sprigs.
Arrange tomatoes and lettuces on a platter. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with crab salad and bread for assembling sandwiches.