This delicious salmon burger recipe is from "In Great Taste," by Evelyn Lauder.
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts only
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pound skinless wild salmon fillets, bones removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- Sliced Vidalia onion, for serving (optional)
- Sweet red pepper relish, for serving (optional)
- Wasabi mayonnaise, for serving (optional)
- Ketchup, for serving (optional)
Spray a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Add the lemon juice and cook until almost all liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
Place salmon in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Add to scallions. Mix in the egg, dill, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 equal patties.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook patties until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve on English muffins with desired toppings.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2006