Bandanna Laundry Bag
You can change the dimensions of the fabric to make other pouches (for example, use two bandannas to make a shoe bag or a tote).
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2011
Tools and Materials
- Sewing machine and sewing supplies
- 4 bandannas (or similar-size fabric)
- 2 yards of cord
Laundry Bag How-To
- Sew 2 bandannas together along 1 edge. Repeat. Press all seams open. Sew the 2 resulting rectangles together along 1 long edge. Press seams open.
- Fold over top edge by 3/4 inch, and sew at 1/2 inch, close to the bandanna's rolled edge, to create a channel.
- Fold in half lengthwise, with right sides facing. Starting just below the channel, sew along the side and bottom at 1/2 inch.
- Attach a safety pin to cord, and thread through the channel. Remove pin, and knot ends. Turn right side out.