Brussels Sprouts with Diced Bacon and Apples
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 twelve-ounce containers Brussels sprouts, trimmed, and halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add salt. Add Brussels sprouts, and cook until bright green and Brussels sprouts are tender, about 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until the fat renders, and bacon is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Add apples, and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add thyme, and season with pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer Brussels sprouts to skillet. Taste, and adjust for seasoning. Serve immediately.