Try this delicious recipe courtesy of "The Martha Stewart Show" TV Kitchen.
- Servings: 8
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, September Late Summer 2006
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 to 1 1/4 pounds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Cut each piece of chicken in half horizontally and place each piece between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using the smooth side of a meat mallet, pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly coat chicken pieces with seasoned flour, tapping to remove excess.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over high heat, until hot but not smoking. Brown chicken in batches, turning once, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
Remove any excess fat from the skillet and discard. Add wine, chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers. Cook over high heat until simmering and slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and swirl skillet to melt. Pour sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.